ICTF added, more stats-related stuff, plus quick bug-fixes
May 15, 2013, 12:18 AM - syncore
InstaCTF (ICTF) has now replaced Domination (DOM). I also made some quick bugfixes:
- !games, !top10, !top10promote, !total, !today, !yesterday, !month, !thisweek, !lastweek, !thisyear, !lastyear, !last30 should no longer display empty values.
New stats commands:
- !leaders - displays the 10 all-time most-skilled players (by skill rating)
- !leadersweek - displays the 10 most-skilled players in the last 7 days (by skill rating)
- !leadersmonth - displays the 10 most-skilled players in the last 30 days (by skill rating)
- 2 new top10 commands were added to show players with the most games for the month and for the year: !top10month and !top10year
Stats, rankings, and other changes
May 08, 2013, 10:57 PM - syncore
2 new commands have been added to show various pickup stats in the channel:
- !skill <ircnick> - shows a player's overall rank, rating, games played/finished/quit/won/loss, points, captures, assists, defends, frags, deaths, dmg done/received/net
- !weapon <ircnick> - shows a player's total frags, frags per game, accuracy, and usage per weapon
Stats, rankings, and other changes
April 17, 2013, 12:11 AM - syncore
I have made several changes to the bot. A few of these will change how things run in #QLPickup.us from now on and will need to be beta tested heavily. There are too many to list, so please click the link at the bottom of this post. Brief summary:
- All CTF and TDM games are now tracked by QLStats (player rankings/stats/teams, etc.)
- Your IRC name will now be linked to your QL name.
- Player ratings will be used to automatically generate teams.
- The game will not start at all until a QL link is posted, or a server is spawned with !spawn.
- To see the full list of changes and how things will work from now on, CLICK HERE AND READ THIS LINK NOW.
Thank you for the donations
March 31, 2013, 7:06 PM - syncore
HUGE THANKS to donkz, pey, and baaked for donating. Because of their generosity, we will continue to be able to spawn servers and keep #QLPickup.us's bot and servers running.
QLPickup.us In-Game Communication via QL Chat
January 05, 2013, 12:32 AM - syncore
I've made some bot changes that allow #QLPickup.us players to do a few things from inside of QL without having to go back to IRC:
- Send messages to #QLPickup.us IRC from in-game.
- See if a pickup is being played from in-game.
- Access the !who command from in-game.
- Access the !last command from in-game.
HOW TO USE
Note: QLPickupUS must be added to your QL friends list first!
- Add QLPickupUS to your QL friends list
- You can send these messages to the bot through the QL chat: !who <gametype>, !last, !status
- If you send a message to the bot and it is not one of the commands above, then it will be sent to #QLPickup.us. You can use this to chat, etc.
- If you want, you can make binds to use these commands from in-game like in the screenshots above. For example, make a bind: /bind X "tell_buddy QLPickupUS !who ctf"
QL Regen Series Draft Cup #5
December 27, 2012, 12:50 PM - syncore
We're proud to announce our 5th North American event which will be a one-day, 6-team CTF Draft Cup.
The event will begin @ 2:00 PM EST, January 12, 2013. If you register please be present in our IRC channel at 1:00 PM EST the day of the tournament for team selections.
If you have any questions or difficulty signing up, feel free to contact us and we'll be happy to help.
Registration Deadline: 11:59 PM EST, January 11th, 2013
Team Selection Meeting: 1:00 PM EST, January 12th, 2013
Event Date: 2:00 PM EST, January 12th, 2012
Map voting on auto-spawned servers fixed
November 30, 2012, 11:31 PM - syncore
Fixed the bug that prevented players from voting on servers that were auto-spawned through the bot. Now any type of voting (including map voting) works at any time, pre or mid-game. I appreciate the feedback from those who found this bug while beta-testing this new functionality. Also, big thanks to electrolyte for providing a pro account token to use for spawning servers!
A quick update to yesterday's changes
November 29, 2012, 10:49 PM - syncore
As I posted yesterday, I added the ability to spawn servers directly from the pickup bot. Today I changed this a little bit to make it easier for everyone:
- 2 players will be automatically randomly selected and allowed to spawn servers at the start of each game
- A list of trusted users will be allowed to spawn at any time under the admins' discretion (you may view this list with the !showspawn command).
- Administrators may of course spawn and stop servers at any time.
Some new additions
November 28, 2012, 12:04 PM - syncore
I added some features to the pickup bot that I think are actually pretty useful and may save us time. As usual here are the details::
- Admins can now spawn servers directly from IRC using the bot without even being logged into QL! This works as follows:
- !startserver <gametype> <location> to spawn a server.
- possible locations: can, dc, ga, il, in, ny, tx, va
- possible gametypes: ca, ctf, tdm
- example: !startserver ctf va will spawn a CTF server in Virginia.
- !stopserver to kill the last server that was spawned.
- !serverstatus to see if a server has currently been spawned and its status, address, etc.
- !startserver <gametype> <location> to spawn a server.
- Better pickup game status: the !status command now will show the server url, team score, time left, and players' individual scores for a pickup currently in progress. This only works if (1) the server link was posted after the game launched OR (2) if an admin spawned a server using !startserver.
- QL urls posted in the channel display server info. We used to have a separate bot (qlbot) for this, but its owner disappeared so I decided to code an even more detail version of this.
- Easily find public servers to play on. The following commands will display ALL public servers in the United States that currently have people on them:
- !pub ca
- !pub ctf
- !pub duel
- !pub ffa
- !pub tdm
A few changes
November 15, 2012, 11:57 AM - syncore
I got around to fixing a few things and making some minor changes to the pickup bot - Here are the details:
- Indianapolis, Indiana added to server locations. Use !vote IN to vote for it.
- Sub message is way less spam-y: only shows a total of three times over 6 minutes and stops whether sub is filled or not
- !sub can now be used without a nickname (identical to how the !games command works); not giving a nickname will request a sub for yourself, if you type !sub [nickname] then a sub will be requested for someone else.
- !games now shows more detail about players' games played over various time periods
- Simple stats changes: added "<gametype>" modifier to all stats commands. Kind of useless at the moment since only CTF seems to be played :)
- !24 removed and replaced with !yesterday <gametype> - shows number of games played yesterday and compares them to number played today
- !thisweek <gametype> - shows number of games played this week and how that compares to last week
- !lastweek <gametype> - shows number of games played last week and how that compares to this week
- !thisyear <gametype> - shows number of games played this year and how that compares to last year
- !lastyear <gametype> - shows number of games played last year and how that compares to this year
New Quake Live league needs our support
November 14, 2012, 11:20 PM - syncore
North America has not seen an active, legitimate Quake Live league for over 2.5 years. This is soon to change because a new very promising league, the Quake Live League, is launching and taking team sign-ups for a variety of game modes. Check out the Quake Live League website and IRC channel on QuakeNet.
Special thanks to wicked and xtsy
October 30, 2012, 4:34 PM - syncore
A big thanks goes out to wicked and xtsy for their donations. The money that they contributed will go towards renewing the quakepickups.com domain name and mumble server. Again, thanks wicked and xtsy.
Highlight Top 10 Players (!top10promote)
October 08, 2012, 9:13 PM - syncore
In order to save time, the pickup bot can now highlight the 10 players with the most games played over the past ten days when using the promote command. Type: !top10promote
Top 10 Players
July 23, 2012, 12:02 AM - syncore
The bot now keeps track of the 10 players who have played the most games over the course of a week. It also displays the 10 players who have the most games played all-time. You can see this information by typing: !top10 in #QLPickup.us
Pickup but improvements and channel changes
July 18, 2012, 01:22 AM - syncore
The voting system
The bot will now remove a player's vote when he !removes, disconnects, is kicked, or changes his nickname. Now the pickup bot also allows you to change your vote to a different location by typing !changelocation newlocation. The website now displays the votes for the next game, as you can see above.
The sub system
When the !needsub or !sub command is typed, the bot will notify the channel that substitutes are needed every 2 minutes for a total of 6 minutes or until a player fills the substitute spot with the !willsub
Only players in the last game may request subs. Multiple subs may be requested. Obviously, a single substitute spot may only be filled by one player at a time.
!add protection - You must now wait 12 minutes to !add again if you were in a game that just launched. This is to prevent people from adding to the next game when they should be playing in the last game.
!here command not required - The AFK system is still in place, but now when you receive the AFK warning, you can type anything in the channel: e.g.: ., !, foo, whatever -- to confirm that you are present, rather than having to type !here
AFK timer increased - from 45 minutes to 65 minutes.
QuakeLive URLs - Posting a QL link to the channel will only highlight the last game's players if the person posting the link is also a member of the last game and more than 10 minutes have not elapsed since the game began.
New features and bot commands
June 22, 2012, 9:07 PM - syncore
I added some new bot commands and features:
!status - shows whether or not a game is in progress. Also displays the number of players signed up for each game type (since we no longer use the channel topic for this)
The pickup bot will now scan the list of signed up players every 3 minutes.
If it finds that a player is AFK (has not spoken in #qlpickup.us for 40 minutes since !adding) it will send that player a warning that he will be automatically removed from all games if he continues to be idle. The player may then respond in the channel with the "!here" command to confirm that he is
present. If after 45 minutes, the player says nothing and does not confirm that he is not AFK, then he will be auto-removed from all games.
#QLPickup.us Frag Video: Derpin' 5
May 31, 2012, 04:31 PM - syncore
Incubus has created a short video featuring some action from #QLPickup.us CTF pick-up games. Check it out here: